On February 12, Senator Robert P. Casey (D-PA) introduced the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Infrastructure Improvement Act (S.3277). This bill provides seven-year grants to states to improve the Home and Community Based Services systems by doing at least three of the following:
- Increasing the availability of housing;
- Expanding transportation options;
- Increasing wages, benefits, and support for direct support professionals;
- Expanding competitive integrated employment; and
- Building no-wrong-door application, referral, and counseling systems.
The Arc supports this legislation. Learn more.