In 2015, the majority of states enacted their own versions of the federal Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act. With this stage complete, many states are closer to actually implementing the new ABLE accounts program in their states, with some expecting to have accounts available to open in 2016. To provide updated information, the ABLE National Resource Center (ANRC) invites you to join a webinar on Friday, February 5, at 2:00 pm EST. Featuring a panel of ABLE experts, this webinar will explore the current status of ABLE, various components of the implementation process, and what can be expected in the coming months. Speakers will include:
- Chris Rodriguez, Senior Public Policy Advisor, National Disability Institute
- Heather Sachs, Vice President of Advocacy & Public Policy, National Down Syndrome Society
- Ken Brown, Social Security Administration
- Marty Ford, Senior Executive Officer, Public Policy, The Arc
- Stuart Spielman, Senior Policy Advisor and Counsel, Autism Speaks
- William Thompson, Deputy Executive Director, Florida Prepaid College Board
Should you wish to attend this online event, please register here.