HUD Issues Notice on Housing Choice Voucher Family Moves

The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has released Notice PIH 2012-42, on “Housing Choice Voucher Family Moves with Continued Assistance.” The notice covers the administrative roles and responsibilities of the “initial” (the initial PHA) and “receiving” (the PHA with jurisdiction over the area to which the family moves) Public Housing Authority (PHA) when a family using a housing choice voucher (also known as a Section 8 voucher) wishes to move from an area in one PHA’s jurisdiction to an area in a different PHA’s jurisdiction. The notice includes language on reasonable accommodations for families that include people with disabilities seeking to move from one area to another.

%d bloggers like this: