New vouchers for independent living announced

The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced a joint effort to assist nearly 1,000 non-elderly persons with disabilities to move from institutions to independence. HUD will provide $7.5 million in rental assistance vouchers for public housing in 15 states. HHS will provide support such as in-home care through its “Money Follows the Person” grant program aimed at people who qualify for Medicaid assistance for nursing home or other institutional care. Read more at

%d bloggers like this: