On December 18, 2012 at 1:00 pm EST, the CDC will offer a free webinar entitled “Public Health Grand Rounds: Where in health is disability? Public health practices to include people with disabilities.” Staff from the CDC’s National Center on Birth Defects’ Division of Human Development and Disability will join a panel of other public health experts to:
- Describe who people with disabilities are, and why they are important to public health
- Present data demonstrating health differences and risk factors of poor health for people with disabilities
- Demonstrate physical activity programs implemented by CDC’s Arthritis program to enable people to live well with functional limitations
- Highlight CDC state grantees’ experience in modifying existing health programs to accommodate people with disabilities
- Demonstrate best practices for the inclusion of disability in national public health organizations
You can also participate and promote disability and health in advance of the event on Twitter – just make sure to use the hashtag: #cdcgrandrounds. To view the live webcast, visit the CDC website.